- A Christmas Devotional
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. (Matthew 1:23)
- The world was ruled by men who were hostile, jealous of position, and saw murder as the way to power. A spirit of enmity was the spirit of civilization, and it was crude and elaborate. It was a world given over to suffering, and life was not able to escape the burden of hatred that had surrounded the high places that controlled society.
- Into this world a little Baby was born: "And thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). He did not come to kings or rulers or the ones in high places, and He did not seek an earthly throne or a home in a palace. He was born in a lowly stable and grew up around a carpenter's bench. He came to the brokenhearted, the soul that lived in agony, and the life that was close to its last hope.
- In this world of jealousy, He did not challenge position, but He let the world know that His kingdom was within the heart. And it was to be found in a place called Calvary. And it was in Bethlehem. It was in Gesthemane. It was at Golgotha. It was at the home of Lazarus, by the well, on the road to Emaus, in the upper room. It is in our homes. At Christmas time!
- The words ring as clear today as they did two thousand years ago. "Unto you is born this day (today)...a Savior" (Luke 2:11). It touches a common sentiment and does away with ecclesiastical boundaries that keep people apart. It forgets all little individual impulses and drives us forward into a common bond around a Savior who came to the "whosoever will."
- His name is not Herod, or Pilate, or Caesar. His name is Jesus. It is a name above all other names and His purpose is salvation-yours and mine!
- Let Him be born anew in our hearts this Christmas season!
- The Word Made Flesh
Excerpt from daily devotional by Rev. James C. Matthews
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14
- I praise God for His Word that was made flesh! When we were helplessly lost and desperately indebted to sin, God sent His Word to be made flesh for us. The same Word that created all things (Hebrews 11:3, Colossians 1:16), became a man so that He could die for all men and pay a debt that we could not pay. I thank God that His Word became flesh! Even more so, I am glad that His Word has found a prepared place in me and become flesh!
"He owns the Cattle...
on a thousand hills"
Doug, Kim, Diane
Mom & Diane
The Lord has given Mom strength
She is an inspiration to us all!
Doug & Wally
Doug healed up in time to ride at State
Another answer to Prayers
O-Mok-See Results Home Page
Doug at mouth of
Kim in Parade
Jack, 2nd Hi-Point
cousin Cody 1st
Jodi & Patrick
Cut Bank Saddle Club
Doug, Jodi, Josey
(Jodi's college bud)
Jodi, Josey, Doug heading into
Box Elder Creek
Jack & Windy
Barrel & Stake
We are Thankful every day for God's hand on our family
may you be blessed this Christmas & all thru the New Year...